View Single Post
Old 06-24-2009, 08:52 PM   #97
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
I will take this as a second comment towards me (and one other person on this board), the first from the other day which I brushed off. If you want to call me (or actually bitch out by just refering to me) names because I want Bradley gone as coach, then grow the fuck up. I never said a U.S. win was bad, I said it is disappointing to know Bradley will stick around longer and added he probably will not change his ways as a result of that one win. There is a difference, sorry you are unable to see that. The team has looked like crap until these last two games, if you don't agree with my take on Bradley then fine, but the name calling is childish.

As for the game, I am very happy to see the U.S.A. win, and yes I still want Bradley fired. Thank goodness the guy decided to stick with a 4-4-2. I even give him some credit for trying Bocanegra at DL, even though from what I hear he didn't play so hot today. The guy has shown he is no soccer version of Rich Kotite, doesn't make him good in my eyes though. Otherwise I will comment on the game more later, I haven't seen it and will be glued to my seat when ESPN2 replays it tonight at 11 EST.

It was a comment directed towards US fans across the Interwebs, not just on here, who said that they wished the US had not beaten the Egyptians on Sunday because it meant that Bradley would keep his job for longer. The US could have lost 5-0 in every match at the Confederations Cup and as far as I can tell Bradley would have kept his job for winning the 2007 Gold Cup and being on track to qualify for the World Cup. It was the national team's best result since the 2007 Gold Cup final and reading that some fans wished it hadn't happened really rubbed me the wrong way, even if the manager's job were on the line which I do not think was true at all.

I don't agree with all of Bradley's decisions either. Every time he has picked Beasley over Adu I've been seething and believe me I was no happy camper watching that dreadful performance in Costa Rica a few weeks ago. I want to see Torres play more. I don't rate Conor Casey. Mastroeni shouldn't be called up anymore. Bradley's tactical experiments have not paid off and I'm happy to see that a switch back to 4-4-2 has seen results improve in the last two games.

Even with those issues, bad performances by the players had more to do with the Costa Rica loss and the rough start against Honduras than anything Bradley did or didn't do imo. I thought the US actually did pretty well against Italy but that awful red card doomed them in the second half. Brazil just outclassed the US and given the talent on the two teams I don't find that to be unreasonable. Frankly, the US just doesn't have that many good players and bossing CONCACAF/possibly making it out of the group in World Cups is the most we can expect at this point.

Last edited by Big Fo : 06-24-2009 at 08:53 PM.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote