View Single Post
Old 06-24-2009, 07:51 PM   #96
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post

Then the first goal came after a big mistake from our left wingback Capdevilla, that was marking Altidore from the front, that is against the rule number one for a defenseman, you must be always between the forward and your keeper. Capdevilla should be really ashamed today, he is the starting wingback in the Euro champion team, and a 19 years old kid that is a backup in the Spanish 2nd division, schooled him in that play.

Yeah. That's how I explained it to my dad...Capdevilla made a really really fundamentally poor play on that goal. NEVER let your man turn inside you in the centre of the pitch like that. And still Casillas almost managed to save it. It just barely nicked in off the post.

Quote:
On the other hand, Spanish players lost the ideas too early. Our usually creative midfield played really bad today (Xavi, Fabregas and Xavi Alonso).

As a fan of the Spanish team's play, I was frankly surprised by the dissapearance of Xavi and Fabregas today. It almost seemed that Xavi Alonso had more of the ball than Xavi did.

Quote:
our defense was sleeping and having more newbie mistakes, that with a touch of good luck and a couple of rebounds, gave the second goal.

That second goal was a HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE fundamental mistake by Sergio Ramos. Pathetic really (says a guy who is a huge fan of his). My 14 year old brother knows better than to do that for god's sake! He was already thinking ahead to starting the counterattack instead of clearing the ball out safely.

Quote:

Anyway, congrats for the really deserved win and i'll root for USA vs Brazil. I'm sure tomorrow Brazil will show that they are BIG when needed, while Spain has a huge problem under high pressure.

Be nice if we could avoid a 3-0 drubbing by Brazil this time around. I'd settle for a 1-0 loss or even a 2-1 loss.

I'm sorry Icy. Classy classy post by you by the bay. I have been very impressed with Spain since 06 really, they seem to have finally put it together and I really enjoy their style of play and the passion that they show. I'm sure they will bounce back and be okay - although I know that doesn't help right now.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote