View Single Post
Old 06-24-2009, 11:53 AM   #118
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post
I don't think NYR have the cap space. They'd need to move one of Redden Rozsival, Drury or Gomez....and that's not happening. At least not without the other team sending alot of cap clutter back, which still leaves them with no space.

Colorado...don't see that, only because they will struggle. If he is truthful in that he wants to win, and that's why he's leaving Florida, then Colorado is probably out.

Philly wants him badly, but until they move Randy Jones and Joffrey Lupul (a combine $7M in cap space) that's unlikely as well.

I could see Columbus make a big push for him. He'd fit there perfectly, and it's a team on the rise. Minnesota has space too. But, the Wild typically doesn't go after big names.

So that leaves...Detroit, who will sign him to a 16 year, $92M deal, $4.5M cap hit.

Let us not forget that the Isles were the first ones to pull this crap with long-term contracts. Detroit is just smarter about it. I would love to see Bouwmeester wearing the winged wheel, but that is highly unlikely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyser View Post
i know no one here cares about the devils

nobody anywhere cares about the devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyser
but seriously, what sutter just did is very fucked up. and the devils get screwed since the cba prevents teams from getting compensation from coaches. extremely dangerous precedent was just set. contracts mean nothing for coaches.

I agree. He screwed them and left without even leaving a note on the nightstand. I hope that in the next CBA there is something added to include this kind of garbage from coaches, or there will be a lot more of it in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote