View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 04:18 PM   #44
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
From what I understand, the vampire nation stuff gets more fleshed out later in the book series. Hopefully that gets more attention in the upcoming True Blood stories. Also from what I understand (my wife read all the books), HBO has put much more of an edge onto the story than what was originally written.

It will probably be a long time before we get back to an Anne Rice style of vampire story. When the CW is starting a vampire series, you know we've gone fully into the tween/teen girl fantasy setting of vampires.

My wife tells me they are loosely following the books and that the vampire nation doesn't get fleshed out really well until the 3rd or 4th book. The entire 1st season covered the 1st book (although with many changes and additional material added for the TV show.) Oh yeah, she doesn't mind many of the changes but she really disliked that Merlotte's has a much better menu in the show than the books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
Dexter. I watched the first 20 minutes or so of the first episode the other night and I turned it off. Am I really missing something?

Yes. It's the best show on TV.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote