View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 01:48 PM   #177
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime 2 View Post
Also a rumor today that the Celtics offered Ray Ray and Rondo for Rip/Prince/Stuckey. Pistons declined. I've heard a lot recently of the C's looking to trade Rondo, and I'm not 100% sure how to feel about that. I love Rondo, and will follow him wherever, but if the deal makes the C's that much better, then I'm for it. I guess we'll see if there's any fire to go with the smoke.

I heard this rumor as well. As a Pistons fan, I am not sure what to think about this. Until last year, I thought Dumars was doing a helluva job. Then he traded Billups (allegedly to free up cap space). They promptly went into the tank and were not competitive the rest of last season. I like Rip and Tayshaun, jury is still out on Stuckey but he is young. I really like Rondo, but see no need to trade for a guy like Ray Allen at this point in his career or at this point in the Pistons' development. If they were one player away from being a serious contender, I would look at a guy like him (of course without giving up the rest of the team to do it), but Detroit is now in a rebuilding phase, and that trade would not make sense. I am glad they rejected it, but not sure what they will be doing to make this team better going forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote