View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 11:28 AM   #42
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
As a wife I would never make my husband quit his job to be a stay at home dad so that I could be more successful. That is just selfish and bitchy. But as the man of the house he should have stood up to her and put his foot down, but after seein the way he is around Kate, I dont believe he knows how to stand up to her.

The problem isn't necessarily the man/woman dynamic to this - the problem seems to be communication. Her, probably in how she approached the issue with him...knowing her, she probably told him what she was going to do or made it so that it really wasn't a mutual decision as much as I want to do this and the only acceptable response from you that will make me happy is OK. And him, it's obvious that he didn't tell her how he felt about having to quit his job and become Mr. Mom. Part of that might involve his hurt male ego, but whatever his problems with that set-up, it's clear he never really expressed them to her. The media attention and stuff just pushed it over the edge and probably accelerated this process by a year or two.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote