View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 10:05 AM   #34
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post
I think it's the multiples that really amp up the craziness. Try to imagine 6 crying babies, with a couple 2 or 3 year olds running around demanding your attention as well. That is insane! 20 kids is a lot, but from what I've seen of families like that, the older kids go a long way towards helping raise the younger ones. A 12 and 10 year old can help watch the 8, 6, and 4 year olds while the mom and dad tend to the 2 and 0 year old kids.

Now, I won't get into the whole fertility drug thing and whatnot, but if you just take the idea of 8 kids under the age of 3 at face value, that is a challenge that I just can't imagine facing.

Granted, the multiples thing is insane, I agree 100%, but that is why the two of them need to be a team to have any chance. Right out of the shoot, their parenting styles conflicted and yet they never got together to figure out how to make it work. Kate wants things her way all the time and Jon is much more laid back...I don't think either style is necessarily right, but they need to agree on one style and stick with it. They needed to meet somewhere in the middle and either she was too stubborn or he was too lazy and now the whole thing has blown up in front of millions of people.

I'd be curious to know what Jon and Kate have been telling the kids over the years when one of them is freaking out and ask why they have to have a camera in their face 24/7?
johnnyshaka is online now   Reply With Quote