View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 09:50 AM   #31
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyshaka View Post
Fid, have a look at another show on TLC, 25 kids and counting or something like that. Mom and dad on that show are nothing like Jon and Kate. True, they don't have sets of multiples, but they have like 20 kids!!! TWENTY...and neither of the parents are bitchy and neither of them tune each other out. Tight ship or not, there is a right way to run one and a wrong way to run one...Jon and Kate are both trying to steer at the same time but are going in different directions.

And as for needing the revenue from the show to raise the kids...well, easy solution, stop taking fertility drugs if you can't support a big family!!!!

I think it's the multiples that really amp up the craziness. Try to imagine 6 crying babies, with a couple 2 or 3 year olds running around demanding your attention as well. That is insane! 20 kids is a lot, but from what I've seen of families like that, the older kids go a long way towards helping raise the younger ones. A 12 and 10 year old can help watch the 8, 6, and 4 year olds while the mom and dad tend to the 2 and 0 year old kids.

Now, I won't get into the whole fertility drug thing and whatnot, but if you just take the idea of 8 kids under the age of 3 at face value, that is a challenge that I just can't imagine facing.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote