View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 09:38 AM   #28
SteveMax58
College Starter

Excellent post Fidatelo. That is close to my thinking as well.

I tried to imagine how my wife and I would handle that situation ourselves...and it's hard for me to be judgmental of Kate's MB attitude due to the amount of constant chores, tasks, etc. required of her. She gets a slight pass in my book and I suspect you dont see all of this mundane stuff she does because...it's mundane and boring to watch.

John seems like a basically decent guy(albeit slightly immature)...but burned out on Kate's methods of management (due to his own lack of management initiative). Bad situation altogether, and I agree that now is the time they should be putting the show on hold until they get back to being a family (whatever shape that may take).

But I dont knock them for doing the show for the past few years as I can't imagine the costs of raising that many kids. The show brought reasonable finances to help feed, clothe (sp?), house, and eventually send the kids to college. All of that aint happening on a single IT consultant salary alone(or not to the extent one would want).

But I do wonder if they've planned their finances accordingly...like the extravagent house, etc...because people aren't going to tune in for 18 years of this (will they?!).
SteveMax58 is offline   Reply With Quote