View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 08:23 PM   #87
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post
As weird as it sounds, I am hoping the Pens are forced to bring in other guys to fill roles. I think this team played better because they were hungry.

I don't think a team with Crosby will ever coast, but a team of everyone back will not be as hungry as a team of guys looking to win for the first time.

I don't want to say that caught up to Detroit, but outside of Hossa, and the young guys brought up, these guys had all won before, including the prior year. Helm was the hungriest guy on the ice for them the majority of the time. Giving him and Abdelkader full time roles over Draper and Maltby might not only be cheaper, but beneficial throughout the team.

Samuelsson is a guy I am intrigued with for Pittsburgh. They've got 2 spots open in the top 6, but can't spend over about $3M for one of those spots.

My beef with Sammy is probably more how he was used, but he is so terrible on the point on the PP. I'd love to see that gone. He is a good player though and would be perfect with Crosby or Malkin centering him. He isn't afraid to shoot, he just shoots too much. He will probably get 4 mil somewhere. It sounds extreme but I could see it honestly and someone will not be happy with it.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote