View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 08:18 PM   #84
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post
I honestly can't see him taking $4M, but what do I know.

Me either. I don't see it happening at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post
And as far as the cap, everything I've read is steady this year, somewhere around $56M, but 2010-11 season could drop to around $50. So, I know you'd have Lidstrom's contract up, but also Osgood (I think) and need a replacement there.

Sak and I were discussing, about 24 teams would be screwed under that situation. They'd have to discount the previously signed contracts like they did after the lockout, or there'd be 400 free agents.

As horrible as it would be for the league for the cap to drop so dramatically in one year, it would be sort of fascinating to see what happened. All of a sudden, you could have a bunch of high-priced free agents on the outside looking in. Their only option would be to take a very low deal or play in the KHL.

It'd be like my Eastside Hockey Manager career before I went in and edited the cap value.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is online now   Reply With Quote