View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 10:46 AM   #1
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Fantasy NBA League Forming

Just thought I would throw this out there but I've been a part of a basketball league the past few seasons and it has been really well run and been alot of fun. So much so that I'm going to start one up based on the rule set and system that has worked so well in that league.

Its a 16 team keeper league on CBS with a per season fee ($30 min - up to $100 or so if you decide to totally obliterate the cap and it pays for the site and then all of the rest distributed to the 8 playoff teams weighted for how they do of course). Head to head play - 9 category scoring, NBA like salary/contract rules which provide for a very fun league. Brand new league so you get to draft your team (going to be a summer long email draft starting as soon as we fill the league). Set lineups once a week. Rosters consist of 12 active players, 4 reserves, 3 "d-league" guys and 2 injured spots so its more than just the NBA stars that are needed for teams. Salary rules allow for easy ability to turn your team around even if you had a bad season or sign players to bad contracts. Like I said, the rules aren't mine - they're taken from a league that's been very successful and has run for the past 6 years now.

If you want the full details I will be happy to email the rules document to you - just PM me with your email addy and I'll send you the document. Prior experience not needed in fantasy hoops - there will be at least one owner in the league new to it. All I ask is that you're willing to make the committment to keeping up with your team and being competitive in the league.

Last edited by Gary Gorski : 06-22-2009 at 02:42 PM.
Gary Gorski is offline   Reply With Quote