View Single Post
Old 06-21-2009, 10:55 PM   #70
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime 2 View Post
Heard anything new sami?

I've said it before, I don't think management is head over heels for Kessel like many fans are, but I do think they will offer him a Krejci type contract. If they trade him though, they better be getting back a STUD D-Man.

All I've been reading online is that the experts believe the Bruins absolutely need more depth on the blueline, specifically big, ideally mobile defensemen. One article I read said that while Ference and Hunwick are good players, they are both small, as are most Boston defensemen, and the Bruins need more height to take the physical punishment late in the year and in the playoffs. They also need someone to help Wideman move the puck out of the zone. Jay Bouwmeester would be a great add but of course the Bruins probably can't afford him.

I do think they'll deal Kessel and if it happens I think it could happen during the draft next week.