View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 11:47 PM   #1813
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Gorski View Post
There's no way this happens and if there is then I'd like to know if Zeke is still running the Raptors.

Bosh is a stud - Deng is hurt every ten minutes and has a huge contract. If they deal Bosh I think they push for Miami and try to get Beasley - Bosh wants to play there and that would keep Wade there too.
Well it wouldn't be straight up. Would include Tyrus Thomas and possibly both first round draft picks the Bulls have. If I'm the Raptors and can get Beasley and don't have to take on bad contracts, I'd do it. I'm just reporting on the rumors that ESPN had as well as the local papers here.

I'd also state that I don't buy that Bosh is a stud. He's a very good player but he wasn't able to even get his team into the playoffs in the mediocre East. I'm not completely sold on him being a max contract player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Gorski View Post
Honestly I could see Chicago trying something like Deng for Shaq.
Shaq has such a bad contract though. I guess the thinking would be to give up on this season and then unload Shaq's expiring contract in 2010 so that they could pick up a big name free agent. I'd still rather them just not sign Gordon or trade Hinrich instead of going the Shaq route. He just doesn't fit what the team is doing.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote