View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 06:15 PM   #100
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood View Post
This is why the NBA is such a joke to me. SVG takes his team to the FINALS and he is on the hot seat? A team that most people wouldn't have expected to be in the finals at the beginning of the season. Weren't Turkoglu and Jameer Nelson mediocre starters/fringe players a few years ago? The turnover for coaches and the expectations placed upon them are so absurd, most of them are better off never accepting a head coaching position, and building something in the college ranks. You seemingly get one season, sometimes half a season to take a group of selfish, self-absorbed players and make them play together. NBA has become so out of touch that it is becoming more and more irrelevant to a lot of people. Wish it was the early-mid nineties again for the NBA.

You mean 1992 when Mike Dunleavy Sr was slightly pushed to taking the job with the Bucks after leading the Lakers to the FINALS the previous year and getting them to the playoffs the next year despite losing Magic Johnson right before the 91-92 season due to his HIV announcement?
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote