View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 06:00 PM   #99
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I don't get the negativity toward SVG. Sure he made some bad moves when put under a microscope. He also took an above average team to the finals and exposed the best team in the regular season. They got beat in the Finals but the Lakers were just a better team.

I can't comment on the Finals since I have been in Germany for the last two weeks(Telekom Baskets is up 1-0 after winning game one of the best of five Basketball Bundesliga Finals against EWE Baskets). I just don't think he did a quality coaching job overall in this playoffs. Game 6 against the Sixers was his best game IMO. He was fortunate that his mistakes were not exposed due to inept coaching on the opposite bench and that his team had more talent than the team they were facing.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946

Last edited by miami_fan : 06-15-2009 at 06:01 PM.
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote