View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 03:04 PM   #1562
Tekneek
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
But if a captain breaks a long-standing tradition, let's not pretend that everyone's going to ignore it.

As we know from the evidence, it does not appear that he broke the tradition. He was just late to the line.

Quote:
In any case, why are people surprised by the conversation or backlash? Whenever an athlete does something in another sport that is perceived as "less than classy," people go nuts. A baseball player admires his home run, a football player dances after a sack, a basketball player pounds his chest after a dunk, a whole college football team dances on someone else's logo. At first glance, those are no more disrespectful to the opponent than a hockey captain not shaking his counterpart's hand after a series.

Count me as somebody who doesn't care if a baseball player admires his homerun. As far as I am concerned, don't let him hit one if you don't want him admiring it. If you don't like what a guy does after a dunk, don't let him dunk on you...etc. I may not like somebody for their choice to engage in that, but that doesn't mean I believe they should not be able to do that. I despise anti-taunting rules/penalties in professional sports.

Last edited by Tekneek : 06-15-2009 at 03:12 PM.
Tekneek is offline   Reply With Quote