View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 10:26 AM   #46
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
The Penguins look to be in pretty good shape. They really aren't losing anybody all that irreplaceable and have some money to spend. Scuderi really stepped up and getting him back would be good, but Hal Gill and Boucher should be replaceable by guys with less salary.

Forward-wise Satan, Sykora and, to a lesser extent, Fedotenko, are the very epitmoe of NHL replaceable parts. The Penguins could look to upgrade one or two of those spots and still not really lose all that much. The core of the team (Crosby, Malkin, Staal, Gonchar, Orpik and Fleury) remains and they still have the main group of grinders (Talbot, Cooke, and Kennedy). Kunitz's contract may be a bit inflated, but not by much and he has the ability to play up to, if not, over it.

I never thought I'd say this, but I thought Fedotenko was more than just a replaceable part, from what I saw of the Pens in the playoffs. For a guy that looks like he's 14 and who I always figured was pretty chumpy, he looked like one of the best Pens on many nights. Obviously playing next to a guy like Malkin helps, but I thought he was better than Guerin or Kunitz for sure.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote