View Single Post
Old 06-13-2009, 02:35 AM   #388
BillyNYC
High School JV

Decided to give this a try, after not doing any online games since semiretiring from Hattrick.

Signed all my players, signed up for the first Level 1 league available, did a few shinnys to get the interface down. Made a few UFA bids, as I wanted to sure up a few spots.

Just played out my first 2 games. Before that, got 2 messages. My 2nd best D-man was injured for 3 days. And the 76-rated D-man that I bid on was mine. Good timing?

Not as good timing as my 1st line sniper scoring in OT...in both games. Guess I can't complain about a start like that, right?

Scoring and shots both seem a bit low (one of the OT games had 32 shots COMBINED), but can deal with that for now. Still, if the issue is systematic (is it?), would think would be easy enough to tweak.

Seems that unlike in Hattrick, a brand new team can sometimes beat much older (and better) teams. Was in the chat room talking about my new team and a 9-season old team shinny'ed me. My new Shaolin Landfills won 3-2. While this is nice (especially since my series has 3 non-newbie teams in it, one of which I beat tonight), it's also a bit concerning. If I feel like my team can win 75% of the time or lose 75% of the time just due to randomness...or if I feel like all my decisions have very little effect on my team's performance, then I feel I might lose interest.

For now, happy to be 2-0 and the honeymoon period is still on.

Update, an hour later: The non-newbie team hosted his games...and I beat him again...in OT again. Different goalscorer this time at least. 3 games, 3 OT wins. Odd.

Any random advice for a newbie?

Last edited by BillyNYC : 06-13-2009 at 03:28 AM.
BillyNYC is offline   Reply With Quote