View Single Post
Old 06-12-2009, 11:57 AM   #385
Travis
Pro Rookie

Game 3

The Hax take an elbowing penalty at the 6 minute mark but we can't capitalize. Lance Saka gets us on the board a couple minutes later though. The period ends with a scrum after Brian Sabbagh takes a charging penalty.

Not only don't we score on the PP, we hand them an opportunity right back as Nevares takes a roughing penalty just after our PP expires. The Hax make us pay, tieing the game at 1 thanks to a tally by Wascom. For the second straight period the Hax take a penalty at the 6 minute mark, another charging penalty and this time we finally put one on the board as Ross Boyd gives us back our one goal lead. We exchange penalties midway through the period, and again the Hax goon it up as the period comes to a close, this time a boarding call at the 20 minute mark (side note, both penalties as time expired were drawn by Dexter Scheidegger).

With a chance to potentially put this game and the series out of reach with a period opening power play, we fall flat. Thankfully our 5 on 5 play comes to the rescue as Lance Saka extends our lead 5 minutes in, then ices the game at the 18 minute mark. Both teams played a very clean game in the third as no penalties were called.

Final score is 4-1 and we outshot them again 35-26.

So worst case is we'll be coming home for game 7. If we can pluck one game on the road, this series is over.