View Single Post
Old 05-28-2009, 02:23 AM   #493
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I don't understand the mistrust for Dubb when if there was a real duke he would come out and nab us a wolf to lynch.

Why would the real Duke bother to do this? What makes you think dubb is actually claiming to be the duke?

It seems to me that we can't know whether he's stating he's really the Duke, or if he's trying to make a case for being believed he is the Duke. Frankly, I have always leaned toward the latter. And if that's the case, that certainly doesn't mean he's a wolf. He is just as likely--maybe even more likely--to just be a regular villager trying to get a key role for said village.

In my mind, this isn't the game to make a normal Duke read. Someone saying he's the Duke in another game, you're right, the real Duke would and should Duke him. Here, not so fast, where there is more than one play than just "are you the Duke, or aren't you"?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote