View Single Post
Old 05-27-2009, 08:28 AM   #285
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

It's good to see this thread back up on page 1 again.

Anyone who likes "Y" will also almost assuredly like "Ex-Machina", Brian K. Vaughn's other series. It's great.

Other than the obvious and what's been mentioned above and earlier, I'd also recommend a couple of Warren Ellis books. "Fell" is fantastic. I just have the one trade paperback, but it's quite good. It's about a cop in this weird city. It's very stylistic, but quite good.

"Planetary", another Ellis book, is more straight up super hero. It's sort of a cross between super heroes with a little X-Files type conspiracy stuff. It's quite good.

Obviously "Transmetropolitan" is another old Ellis series that's fantastic.

I'd also recommend "The Umbrella Academy" written by Gerard Way, the lead singer of "My Chemical Romance." The art is quite stylistic and the story is fantastic. I really enjoyed it. It's a mini-series, but he's writing more of them now, I believe.

As for my other recommendations, I think I have an earlier post in this thread that spells them out, but those are some I have come across more recently.

Oh, can't forget "100 Bullets". The series just came to an end a few months back. Very cool, very noir type story steeped in conspiracy and a large, over-arching plot. Really good stuff.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote