View Single Post
Old 05-26-2009, 05:55 PM   #165
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Tyrith, I'll continue to argue for the logic of the play on Day 1 even if it isn't me that is taking on the role. But I think I am the best choice for the role.

Play this out for a minute - I've proposed an idea that is not all that exciting for the wolves. They don't want a second seer out there right away - they would like that to be delayed as much as possible. But Pandora is out of the box at this point, from their perspective. So what do they want to do about it from here?

- Would they now try to get me elected in the role and just kill me early?

- Try to get one of their own into the role (remember, they have numbers to back a candidate) as a defensive posture?

- Try to squelch the idea entirely?

I'm honestly not sure, but I'm going to be really mad if we do end up giving the role to a wolf because we were worried about me making some kind of uber-move on Day 1. Every once in awhile (like last game) I'm actually a villager trying to optimize the advantages found in the game.

It would not surprise me at all if a wolf was saying that we should pick someone to believe as the seer since if they don't suggest it first, some villager surely will at some point on day one.

I really think we should believe someone as a cultist though. Because like I said, it should get us a wolf on day two. We still shouldn't trust the believed cultist, but a getting a wolf is still getting a wolf.

There's no self check with a believed seer unless they die so we wouldn't know if their information was valuable until they died. Plus, we may not get a wolf this way.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote