View Single Post
Old 05-26-2009, 05:54 PM   #164
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Tyrith, I'll continue to argue for the logic of the play on Day 1 even if it isn't me that is taking on the role. But I think I am the best choice for the role.

Play this out for a minute - I've proposed an idea that is not all that exciting for the wolves. They don't want a second seer out there right away - they would like that to be delayed as much as possible. But Pandora is out of the box at this point, from their perspective. So what do they want to do about it from here?

- Would they now try to get me elected in the role and just kill me early?

- Try to get one of their own into the role (remember, they have numbers to back a candidate) as a defensive posture?

- Try to squelch the idea entirely?

I'm honestly not sure, but I'm going to be really mad if we do end up giving the role to a wolf because we were worried about me making some kind of uber-move on Day 1. Every once in awhile (like last game) I'm actually a villager trying to optimize the advantages found in the game.

Yes, but once in a while you're also a wolf trying to screw us. Not that I am saying I believe this is particularly one of those instances, but they have happened historically.

Personally, I feel like the idea was going to come up eventually today, even if it wasn't you. It's just inherent in the game rules.

I just see making you the second seer making this another one of those games where it becomes all about you until you're dead. They happen, and they scare me because if you are bad, you have demonstrated a remarkable ability to stay alive and cause trouble in the process. It seems like it would be a better village insurance policy to staple the role to someone who is a crappier wolf. However, I am not going to be insanely obstinate about this.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote