View Single Post
Old 05-26-2009, 07:36 AM   #92
Huckleberry
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
I cannot believe what an overall HORRIBLE job this committee did. The worst thing you can do is only favor one indicator for success, to the benefit of mostly one conference. The committee seemingly only looked at RPI for regional births, giving two teams with horrible resumes out of the Big 12 births. (One team, Oklahoma State, missed a conference tournament that takes the best 8 teams out of 10!)

And what conference has an official as the head of the selection committee? The Big 12.

*And don't even get me started on the pathetic job they did this year in regional and super regional matchup considerations.

Are you serious, Clark?

Oklahoma State is not a terrible selection. College baseball is completely dominated by the West. Out of 62 CWS titles, 44 have been won by teams west of the Mississippi, 10 by teams east of the Mississippi, and 8 by teams on the Mississippi.

Anyway, the RPI is pretty much solely responsible for screwing western teams, not helping them, every year.

I take all this back if you're a fan of a California or west coast school. They indeed do get hosed every year. Oregon State's 3 seed, for example, is a damn joke.

The Barking Carnival (Longhorn-centered sports blog)
College Football Adjusted Stats and Ratings
Huckleberry is offline   Reply With Quote