View Single Post
Old 05-20-2009, 11:42 PM   #388
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxon View Post
Gotcha, so these were the absolutely best of the best and we can never expect better justice than what is provided by them. The very best of the best, the best we can expect is someone who will beat an unconscious man who had just been ejected from a crashing car. I think you've just insulted most law enforcement officers and I know you've just insulted friends of mine who serve and protect and don't see beating an unconscious man as a right of the job.

I missed where I said they this was a "part of their job", or that anyone thought it was "a part of their job".

No, they're clearly not the best of the best. There's probably some cops who could have calmly went up to him and secured the scene, etc. I just personally don't fault them for bashing that punk's head in. I was sorry to read that he's OK (though serving 20 years jail). He'll be out someday, and he'll probably kill someone.

The behavior displayed by these cops wouldn't impact you as long as you don't try to murder them. I imagine people in any profession would react somewhat negatively to someone if they tried to kill them. It wasn't exactly proper procedure. But the original "bad cop" that started this thread was a billion times worse than these guys, because that one had a negative impact on regular people.

I can see how my last comment might be taken as an insult to cops. But it's true. It's a tough jobs and in any job, "mistakes" will be made. Cops' mistakes are magnified because they're dealing with so many high stakes situations and intense scrutiny. And the other human beings waiting in the wings ain't perfect either, unfortunately.

Last edited by molson : 05-20-2009 at 11:59 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote