View Single Post
Old 05-09-2009, 02:21 PM   #448
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Team Awards:

Offensive Player of the Year: OG Junior Peters - This was really a two man race, but Peters pulled in a very professional job and was our lone bright spot on the O Line. Whether pass blocking or run blocking, Peters was great both ways. Thanks Peters!
Defensive Player of the Year: LB Damon Alexander - This was harder because there were no dominant players. 8 sacks was the most we had, so no sack masters to award. 4 picks the most there, so no ball hawks. However, Alexander, in his first year, led the team in tackles, led the team in passes defensed, and had a good year in rushing, so I have to really like what Damon brought this year. I was happy with his rookie performance.
Special Teams Player of the Year - WR Bucky Shores - 2 KR TD, 4th highest KR average in the league among qualifiers. That is some strong running.
Rookie of the Year: RB Calvin Garrison - Led the league in yards rushing, had double digit TDs and a respectable 4.7 ypc average. Garrison had a strong year and was an easy nod for this award.
Heart Award: DT Vipersmith Maloney - Getting 3 sacks is par for the course for a starting DT. Getting git from a backup with no starts is really nice. Especially with a name like Vipersmith! That is a manly name.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote