View Single Post
Old 05-02-2009, 11:23 PM   #468
RainMaker
General Manager

I know a lot of people like Gordon but I still believe he is actually bad for this team. Yes he gets hot and can single handidly win you a game from time to time. But he's also a guy who can get real cold and won't stop shooting (tonight for example). His defense is horrible and the Celtics exploited him regularly on that end. He's also a me-first player who doesn't involve his teammates in the game. There are just some trips down the floor that he's got it engraved in his head that he has to shoot.

He has a ton of talent and is one of a handful of guys in the league that can put 40 up on you any night. But I feel he needs to play within the flow of the game better. If teams are rushing to trap him off the screens, he needs to pass out of it. He needs to get more shots off of kickouts from his PG. He goes into every game thinking he must take 20 shots when he should determine those shots based on what's best for the team.

But most importantly, he hurts Rose. There are times where Rose won't be involved in the offense for 5-6 consecutive trips. He's the most athletic player in the league and the future of your organization. The offense should for the most part revolve around him.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote