View Single Post
Old 04-29-2009, 02:35 PM   #233
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
Yeah I can understand that for sure. But Salmons is an inch shorter than Pierce and seemed a foot shorter by the time Pierce makes a jab step and Salmons falls over himself to jump back and protect against the drive. I know I'm exaggerating a bit but Garnett is hurt, Allen has fouled out... Pierce is the only one of the big 3 left in the game. Don't you at least try something different after he hits 2 or 3 of those jump shots in a row? Tell Salmons to play tight and set up a switch/rotation behind him if he gets by. Double team him at the top of the key... sure you may still lose anyway, but make him give up the ball to someone else, or work a good bit harder for his shot if he's going to take it.

The Bulls offensive tactics were a much bigger problem to me than the defense, but that still bugged the heck out of me watching it.

I was actually surprised that they didn't have Hinrich on him. He has much quicker hands and is real fiesty. He had been giving Pierce fits when guarding him throughout the series.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote