View Single Post
Old 04-29-2009, 06:25 AM   #451
miked
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
You're dead to me!

Seriously, any of you impartial observers want to convince me that the refs treated this series fairly? I really do normally think I'm not one to bring up that argument but this entire series I just felt like we weren't given a fair shot. Prior to Federov's goal, I counted 3 instances of either blatant elbows or interferences that weren't called, and they literally all came in a minute span. I was at a bar so it was hard to tell the players involved, but the worst elbow I saw came on the near side right along the boards, and sticks went flying. Then there was the clear knee-on-knee on Avery that left him laying on the ice and unable to get off when we were trying to get moving to get a rush going. Immediately after the game-winner, a Cap played the puck and them seemed to deliver a blow to the head of a Ranger. Again, nothing.

I've never had a worse taste in my mouth after a series. And what's even worse is that, like I've said numerous times, we didn't deserve to be in this at all if not for Henrik's performance at the start. My anger isn't too crazy though...this team just didn't have enough talent to make a move.

Avery is a pussy. Take off your blinders, he ducked and moved to try and get away from the hit and that's why his leg got caught. He lurched down and away trying to avoid the hit and that's why the contact occurred to the knee. Can't say it couldn't have happened to a better guy. The irony of hearing a Rangers fan complaining about cheap shots is clutch.