View Single Post
Old 04-29-2009, 01:19 AM   #203
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
NBA.com - RULE NO. 9-FREE THROW

Section II-Shooting of Free Throw
a. The free throw(s) awarded because of a personal foul shall be attempted by the offended player.
EXCEPTIONS:
(1) If the offended player is injured or is ejected from the game and cannot attempt the awarded free throw(s), the opposing coach shall select, from his opponent's bench, the player who will replace the injured player. That player will attempt the free throw(s) and the injured player will not be permitted to re-enter the game. The substitute must remain in the game until the next dead ball.

Man, kindofa crummy rule. I understand that by placing it in the opposing coach's hands, you take away the possibility a coach will have his player fake an injury to get a better free throw shooter, but this way of doing it only seems to encourage the concept of going out and head hunting on the floor. So long as you're going for the ball (per say), why not just try to hurt the guy every time?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote