View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 04:22 PM   #161
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Heck, Brooks even had a pair of nice games in 1/2 but I would definitely like something a little more reliable, if possible.

SI

yeah well, unless the Lakers move their games into the Rose Garden ... Seriously, i half expect him to go for 30 tonight in Portland as relaxed and at home he seemed returning "home"

What really bugs me about Brooks that there are a couple passes he simply canīt make. Not "doesnīt pass" but "canīt pass". He canīt make an entry pass to save his life, is absolutely unable to do a backward pass in a Pick & Roll/Pop Situation over more than 6 feet and is troubled by kickouts to his right. All pretty basic stuff really, for an NBA PG at least.
Thatīs also a reason why Artest has the ball that much, who is a much better passer but unfortunately experiences blackouts in his brain every other possession ...

I am going to bed now to catch a quick 4 hours of sleep before tipoff at 4am here ... Iīm superstitious. Missed 4 games against the Jazz the previous years with 4 losses, missed game 2 and they lost...

Roy reportedly has "flu-like symptoms", so i guess heīll put in about 35 tonight. Seriously, has anyone ever scored less than 30 when reported with those ?

Series isnīt over before itīs over really, itīs not like Portland is far off from the Rockets after game 1.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote