View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 08:42 AM   #147
whomario
Pro Starter

Has anyone picked up The Path ? Great game if you f.e. like David Lynch Movies .

official page : The Path -------- a short horror game by Tale of Tales
steam : The Path on Steam
IGN review : IGN: The Path Review (thereīs more on the official page)

for me as a very casual gamer it has been brilliant, even if not considering the price of 9,99 (dollars). I almost never play anything other than possibly NBA2K or Pro Evolution Soccer along with text sim games though, so iīm not a good reference.
Saw an advertisement in a cultural newspaper here, read some very enthusiastic reviews and decided to give it a try.

Itīs based on the popular childrenīs legend of Little Red Riding Hood (The Brotherīs Grimm told the most well known variation).
You have 6 characters (6 sisters) of varying age and personality to choose from (though in the end youīll have guided all 6 one after the other) that you then have to guide to the Grandmothers house. If you stay on the path though, nothing happens at all. So you have to stray off the path and then a story unfolds.

Thereīs not much gameplaying really, but for me thatīs a good thing as i suck at it

Basically itīs an animated story with a ton of atmosphere. As you guide each of the characters (i have started with 2, so itīs preliminary anbd based on reviews) through the world you experience things differently and get sucked into the characters issues and fears as you go along.
Itīs like a good short film just as a video game. Not a ton of action or a great deal of storylines, but still has you thinking.

Last edited by whomario : 04-28-2009 at 08:59 AM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote