View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 05:17 PM   #287
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Sak View Post
I thought SR would pipe in by now but since he didn't I'll give my 2 cents...

It was a bang-bang play...and honestly it could've went either way. You can't overturn a goal based on goalie-interference on replay so once the goal was called on the ice I knew it was going to stand.

It appeared as if the puck hit Crosby before he made contact with Biron...it all happened so fast and the ref really didn't have a chance to really digest it. I think it was the correct call.

Agree with your assesment that he made contact with the puck (shaft of his stick, then his body) before he makes contact with Biron.

That is a free puck, so Crosby has as much right to it, even in the crease, as Biron. If Crosby never plays the puck, bowls over Biron, and that forces the puck in, I'd say no goal is the correct call.

I'll also say, there have been worse instances of the goaltender being interferred with, in both directions, that have never gotten a second look. Guys never playing the puck who are in the crease should be getting whistled and aren't.

Which makes it all the more frustrating-- Gill (on Briere) and Knuble (on Orpik) "crosschecks" are getting called in OT, but not guys planting themselves in the crease.

I actually couldn't believe they made the tripping call on Richards, when Fleury blew a tire. Still not convinced Richards even clipped him.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote