View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 09:36 AM   #286
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

I guess I'm just curious how the rule is supposed to be enforced. I know that you can be in the crease before the puck so long as you don't interfere with the goalie. And I'm guessing if the puck goes in first you can't just push the goalie around when you get in there. But if the puck goes in first, are you then allowed to essentially establish a position within the crease, such that if the goalie attempts to move into that area you are allowed to block his path? Because that's basically what Crosby did, and if that's allowed, then I'm fine with the goal, but if the goalie is essentially supposed to have free range of movement within his crease than I think it was a bad goal.

Regardless, it was nothing nearly so insane as the goal Vancouver scored on the Jets back in an OT playoff game in the 90's where the player just pushed Essensa into the net with the puck, winning them the game (and I think the series; can't recall).
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote