View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 10:50 AM   #266
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post
when the Avs play the Jackets, I try to pick the Columbus feed just because Rimer and Gare are guaranteed to get me fired up.

I feel bad for Columbus - I really thought they could do some damage.

Back when I lived over seas I pretty much only had NHL.com Radio to listen to. They save the games, so I would get up early in the morning and try to listen to the game before work. The biggest drawback was that in order to fit it in time-wise work I had to fast forward between periods and you could see how long the broadcast was and, thus, pretty easily determine if the game went into OT.

Anyway, during the 2002 Western Conference finals, I made sure to take time out of the day and listen to the Avs radio feed whenever they lost to the Wings. The Avs radio guys were (are?) incredible yahoos. Just horrible. I loved listening to them pout and suffer.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote