View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 08:45 AM   #259
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Umberger gets destroyed

It was interesting to compare the play-by-play from that clip, the Blue Jackets' feed, to the Detroit feed. The Blue Jackets guy says no less than three times that Stuart "blindsided" Umberger and there is even mention as to whether there should be a penalty.

The Detroit guys go on about what clean hit it was and how Umberger saw him all the way, but just didn't really do anything about it.

Granted, I know I am not totally objective, but I really do think that Umberger saw him. He looks up, appears to see Stuart, puts his head down for a second, and then looks up again. He seems to watch Stuart come right at him but, for whatever reason, doesn't appear to do anything about it.

There was no "blindside". It was as clean as hit as they come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post

Commodore with a shift he'd like to forget.

I love how quiet it gets.

I've watched this shift about a dozen times. It's just classic. Commodore flying over the boards and then cross checking and standing over the fallen Franzen like some kind of bad ass, all the while the play continues with Zetterberg left out in front to score.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote