View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 11:31 AM   #95
watravaler
High School JV

Games 1 and 2 were simply extremely fun to watch. I don't see any significant difference in the talent level of the two teams at this point in time, and I'll be shocked if this series doesn't go the distance. I have gained mucho respect for KG's impact on the game(not that I didn't respect his game immensely before the injury, but Chicago wouldn't be sniffing 100 points if KG was on the court). The UConn gun-fest was the stuff of legends.

On one hand, Ben Gordon isn't Superman, but these outbursts, albeit on a smaller scale, are what makes Ben Gordon a very good basketball player, at least on the offensive end where his size(the man is 6'0'' at best) isn't a huge liability. The percentages may not show it due to the amount of bad-shots he throws up at times, but his jumper is about as sweet and pure as you will find. I wonder if any team in the NBA has the stones to steal him away from the Bulls this off-season? If the money is right, he is as good as gone, but will a team throw $8-10 million per year at Gordon?

On the other hand, The Celts bigs will not make everything they throw at the hoop either. Rondo's ankle worries me a bit, and if he is closer to 80% than 100%, the Celts are probably toast. Nevertheless, Paul Pierce will step up in Chicago and that will be a huge problem for the Bulls.

At this point in time I see two better than average teams running up and down the floor, not playing much in the way of defense, but the competition has been great and the casual viewer(Me) is most certainly entertained by the product on the court.

Celts in 7
watravaler is offline   Reply With Quote