View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 11:24 AM   #236
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I didn't see the goalie interference call. It may have been a bad call, but again, you live by the sword, you die by the sword.

For example, it happens to the Red Wings quite frequently. Everyone knows what Holmstrom does. He sits right outside the crease and sticks his ass in the goalie's face. That's his job. He's good at it. Does he interfere with the goalie? Sure, sometimes. But given his reputation as a crease crashe/interferer there have been a number of goals disallowed based on his reputation not because there was any kind of actual goalie interference.

Does it suck when that happens? Yes. Do I get annoyed? Definitely. But, I understand that's the cost of doing business for Holmstrom.

The same holds true for Avery. His value to the team is his role as an annoying fuck. He has that reputation, so when he does stuff, it's much more closely scrutinized. That's the price of doing business for Avery.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote