View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 10:01 AM   #233
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
I honestly don't think I am. I was one of the few in those threads who was all for the NHL kicking him out based on his comments with Dallas, so I have no long-lasting love for the guy. I wanted him back because the team wins with him in the lineup, plain and simple.

He deserved the misconduct, he deserved the roughing call (and actually more) when he gave Varlamov that shot. But the high sticking call was a fucking joke. The goalie interference call was a fucking joke. He gets slashed and cross-checked constantly, takes elbows to the back of the head, slashes to the balls. It would take a McSorley shot to his head for him to draw a penalty. That's not "losing some leeway." If this keeps up, Tortorella will be better served not playing him.

Avery is getting the same deal the entire Ducks team is getting. HB might be able to confirm this but I thought I heard Mickey Redmond say that the league was going to crack down on a lot of stuff this playoffs from numerous complaints other teams have made. I know he mentioned the Ducks specifically, but if it's true, Avery would most definetly be on a list of things to watch out for.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote