View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 09:59 AM   #232
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post
Logan, I think you're seeing this with some tinted lenses. Avery will absolutely not get the same kind of leeway others do, and its for good reason. It's the same reason why a cop might let someone with a clean record off for speeding, whereas a dude doing the same thing but with a record of 14 driving violations is likely getting a ticket and a max fine.

I honestly don't think I am. I was one of the few in those threads who was all for the NHL kicking him out based on his comments with Dallas, so I have no long-lasting love for the guy. I wanted him back because the team wins with him in the lineup, plain and simple.

He deserved the misconduct, he deserved the roughing call (and actually more) when he gave Varlamov that shot. But the high sticking call was a fucking joke. The goalie interference call was a fucking joke. He gets slashed and cross-checked constantly, takes elbows to the back of the head, slashes to the balls. It would take a McSorley shot to his head for him to draw a penalty. That's not "losing some leeway." If this keeps up, Tortorella will be better served not playing him.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote