View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 09:35 AM   #229
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
So its the typical NHL double standard, got it.

BTW, I'm not saying Ovechkin should be suspended or anything. Just like how I said there's an easy remedy for not watching him jump around like a ballerina after a goal, this is avoidable too.

I don't think this is case of "the typical NHL double standard." Not at all.

I don't think Avery would have been suspended or anything like that. People would definitely would be raising a much bigger stink about it for sure, but that's not a case of any double standard, it's just a case of the application of observation. It's the scientific method.

I do think it's kind of funny how Avery's antics are viewed depending on the result of the game... If his team wins, people still shake their heads at his nonsense, but say "Hey, he impacts the game. He's a force out there and gets results."

If they lose, "Oh, what a horrible distraction. What buffonery! Torts can't be happy about this! He's a loose cannon, a malcontent who sits at the end of the bench!"

Avery is what he is. He's a prick. Given everything he's done throughout his career, he doesn't get the benefit of any doubt anymore.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote