View Single Post
Old 04-19-2009, 08:54 AM   #32
Philliesfan980
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker rocky View Post
I just watched the memorial service at CBP, a very touching and emotional one. All the Phillies players, past and present, were there.
"High Hopes was sang, as was "Bridge Over Troubled Waters".

It's a long drive to heaven Harry, but you'll never be outta the Phillies fans hearts.

I also watched it on Phillies.com, and then switched over to CSN once the ceremony got underway. I'd also like to chime in that it was a very touching event. I'm pretty much a typical "rock solid" guy who doesn't show his emotions well, but when they passed the casket down the line with Bridge Over Troubled Waters playing, I shed a few tears. I think seeing the casket being laid into the hertz really hit home, in that Harry wasn't coming back. He was gone.

And I will say this about the Phillies: As much flack as they've gotten in the past 15-20 years (sans 2008) about being a bad franchise, they don't care about the fans, they're cheap, etc, I think we can finally lay that perception to rest. The way that they handled this entire past week really goes to show what kind of franchise they are. Do you think the Eagles would have done all of this?
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote