View Single Post
Old 04-17-2009, 12:42 AM   #99
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Don't say I didn't try to spread the word about Hiller

The main weakness in his game right now is rebound control... if he can get that down, he'll easily be a top 5 goalie in the league IMO. Positionally he's excellent, he has a quick glove hand and he very rarely makes a save look difficult. Bear in mind 2 years ago he was playing in Switzerland and he really didn't play all that much last year either. He's almost a rookie and his stats are very comparable to Mason and Rinne.

Pretty lucky win for the Ducks tonight, but I'll take it. Need to take less penalties, but the penalty kill was very promising as that has been the teams achilles heel all year.

Hiller did a good job tonight on directing back out his rebounds, so he could see them well and be ready for them coming back. That's because he was very good with positioning and anticipation, keeping himself squared to the shot when possible.

One thing going for the Ducks right now is that the Sharks have started to build a history of playoff failure, and the pressure only mounts for them losing Game One. That can only help the Ducks.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote