View Single Post
Old 04-17-2009, 12:03 AM   #31
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
no, i think that's what will happen too.

but given how the rest of the year went, if that's what happens you've got to consider that a "bad year" considering what the expectations (and performance all year) were.
I'm not sure what your (or other ppl in Boston's) expectations were, but I seem to remember the Lakers beating us on Christmas and Cleveland smoking us at home 2 weeks later with a healthy KG. Those teams both won 65 games, and I seem to recall many people predicting them to win both preseason and at various times during it. So basically, no, a loss in the ECF to a 67-win team in 6 or 7 games would not be considered a bad year from me. I didn't think we had better than a 50-55% chance of beating Cleveland even with a healthy KG - really they were 1 sublime performance by Pierce from beating us last year with a worse team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
Doc Rivers says he's done for this season.
Maybe then Doc could tell us what's actually wrong, and what surgery is needed. If KG needs surgery, fine, do it now so he'll be ready next season. If it's something where it's merely painful to play on and he won't cause any more structural damage, he'll definitely be back. Even if they tell KG he's risking structural damage by playing on it I just can't see a man that competitive not playing. (And I don't think that's the case, or they never would have had him try to come back during the regular season.)
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote