View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 10:38 AM   #9
whomario
Pro Starter

The 76ers just might be sorry they won yesterday, the Celtics sans Garnett arenīt on orlandoīs level.
The Cavs, despite the loss, got another boost with their bench players stepping up big against the 76ers.

I hate the Portland/Houston matchup, my 2 favourite teams meeting in the first round ...
Houston in 6 years hasnīt figured out how to throw a freaking lob pass or take advantage of teams overplaying Yao. It canīt be that difficult, can it ? And Artest is just a terrible offensive player in a team concept, him shooting 40% as a 6ī8 , 250 bulldozer while shooting 1 legged fadeaways from 20+ foot is just ridiculous.
I just wish the Rockets make it through the first round, Yao deserves it. Say what you want, but the guy is an incredibly hard worker and not half as "fortunate" as people like to make it sound when they say "but heīs 7ī6". For every advantage that brings a disadvantage. Him on defense is like having a 6ī10 PF matching up with Koby or Wade in terms of mobility.

The Blazers depend on playing a true C at all times though, so thatīs good news.

But iīd also like the Blazers to advance because they are just a fun team. And theyīve been really hot lately, some absurd offensive performances considering their slow tempo and improved defense.

And Dallas-San Antonio might be great as well. Dirk seems to play his best against them and heīs scored 20+ in 25 straight games heading into the Playoffs and quietly had a really good season (btw : itīs still mindblowing he averages less than 2 TOs every year as a 7 footer creating his own shot)
Then again the Mavs play 3 PGs together for large stretches of whome none can guard regular PGs (let alone a guy like Parker) and have exactly 1 Swingmen that can play regular minutes.

Thatīs the 2 seriesīs iīm most curious about.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote