View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 09:51 AM   #16
lungs
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
And I'm sure the that people that mock this are the same people that defend similar pointless protests on the other side.

If you don't agree with it, it's dumb to do.

That was my point.

Quote:
It's really lame to mock people who are making a political statement, and it doesn't make you any better, or forgiveable to say, "duh...they do it too"....When we don't even know if that's true across the board, or what % we're talking about. If it's one individual person you can point to, that's one thing. But to mock the whole thing - you're just as bad as any republican who does that, and you can't see that because you're so sure you're "right".

I'm not sure if you're trying to accuse me of having a double standard here because I happen to disagree with intent of the tea parties but that's not the case. The observation I am making, is actually something we are agreeing on.

Somewhere, at one of these tea parties, somebody is going to say something very stupid. The other side will pounce on that and portray it as a broad brush of the conservative movement. We're recycling the same bullshit that happened with the war protests.

Nothing earth shattering here. I'm not mocking one side. I'm mocking both sides, because their positions were reversed a few short years ago. I may agree with one side on policy, but the mechanisms both sides use are laughable because I'd guess that a majority of people in this country don't give a shit. Sometimes I wish I didn't give a shit.
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote