View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 09:07 PM   #445
Travis
Pro Rookie

Jesse Litsch on the 15 day DL for the Jays. Apparently won't so much as pick up a baseball for two weeks so he's likely to miss at least a month if not two.

Given that the Jays are 6-2 to start the season (tied late in the game tonight) and 80% of your rotation is Purcey/Romero/Richmond/Tallet, does the front office get the green light to go shopping for a starter? I'm assuming it'd be somebody in the last year of their contract and it's not exactly the best time of year for it, but really, why not get a bit aggressive at this point, reward the offense for coming out hot and see if they can't get something rolling. Then later in the season if Litsch and any of the other currently injured pitchers are able to come back and bolster the staff, great, if not and you're still in contention then maybe try and pick up another rental.

Going to be really sad if nothing is done and that when the offense invariably levels off a bit the pitching isn't able to step it up enough to compensate due to the youth/inexperience.

Last edited by Travis : 04-14-2009 at 09:07 PM.
Travis is offline   Reply With Quote