View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 03:49 PM   #20
Comey
College Starter

He was such a constant for me...I fell asleep to him nearly every night as a kid and even a teenager. When I moved away from Harrisburg, first to CA and then to Hartford, arguably my biggest regret that I no longer got him on the radio (I have found Merrill Reese and Mike Quick, but never found Phillies broadcasts).

A part of my life is gone with him. Don't want to come off as overdramatic, but many of the greatest sports thrills of my life were led by his voice. Phillies fans will know that they were so far and few between, but that made the successes that much sweeter.

I cried tears of joy when listening to his call of the '07 NL East miracle team on YouTube (I had just moved up to CT at that point), and got emotional today, at the thought of what he brought to me growing up. I have one of the worst Kalas impressions out there, but I never have any trouble showing it off.

He's off somewhere now, not having to put up with Chris Wheeler, calling a game with Whitey against the Expos, where Pascual Perez is pitching for Montreal...maybe Dennis Martinez. At least, that's how I envision it now.

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote