View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 12:59 PM   #1953
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
I was hoping that the Devils would somehow end up playing Montreal or Philadelphia in the playoffs. Unfortunately, Philadelphia hung on to that #4 spot, and Montreal never got totally out of the tank. I haven't followed Carolina very closely this year, but I know that the Hurricanes are capable of beating the Devils.

Hey, I'm glad that Parise had a monster season and Brodeur is back, but it's the other guys on that team who worry me. The team really doesn't have much past its top two lines, but I think the offense can hold it together. That's not my biggest concern. This isn't easy for a Devils fan to say, but I have no faith in the New Jersey defense right now. They don't have a defenseman that really scares anybody, they don't have a real offensive threat on the blue line, and it's hard to trust no-names like Andy Greene and Mike Mottau in high-pressure situations.

I'll be watching the series because I'm a Devils fan, but I'm not terribly excited about it.

The Devils still have Colin White. I think I read some posts here before where you said he was basically your new Scott Stevens? Or am I mistaken there?
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote